April 12, 2017
We hope you are enjoying the new flowers and return of song birds as spring unfolds. There has been a lot of activity at the Gardens over the last few months.
January Meeting with the Thrive Group
We were very pleased to see so many of you at the meeting on January 31st at Maranatha Homes. The report completed by the Thrive Group on the resident survey and the focus group discussion assisted all of us in having a better understanding of the community that is becoming the Gardens.
- There is a wide variety of interests – physical exercise, art, crafts, woodworking, library etc.
- There is a strong volunteer base – many expressed interest in helping to organize things
- Most people will continue with a high level of independence – only a few are asking about housekeeping, meal services or medical professionals
- The café will be very busy
In response, the Board of Directors has created an Operations Committee to review all of this information and make recommendations for resident committee structures and staffing.
Cabinetry and Flooring Selection
As construction continues, we are now at the stage for selecting your cabinets and flooring. There are a few steps to this process that are initiated by the purchasers. Details are available in the newsletter you have received or at the sales office.
We have a firm completion date in February. Therefore, we are announcing the first move-ins will begin in mid-March 2018. Specific dates will be selected by purchasers in the order in which they purchased. We are planning a maximum of two move-ins per day. We will continue to push ahead with construction.
As we look forward to moving in, you will be pleased to know that one of the design revisions we have made is to increase the number of storage lockers. Originally, we had fewer lockers than we did apartment suites and there was a monthly rental fee attached to each locker. We are now pleased to announce that we have one locker for each suite and that there will be no charge for your storage locker.
Below are photos from the week of April 3rd:
1. Second floor walls are in place
2. The elevator shaft and one of the stair wells are poured from the third to the fourth floor.
3. Drywall studs on the main floor show the hallway and the suites on the south side are taking shape.
4. The interior work for water main hook up is complete.
5. Air handling units for the garage are hooked up.
Come and see us at the Sales Office when you are out enjoying springtime.